At DuPage Medical Group, we believe the key to being healthy is staying healthy. That is why we encourage our senior patients to consider whether a Medicare Advantage plan may be right for you. Medicare Advantage plans allow you and your provider to work together to keep you healthy.
What is Medicare Advantage?
Medicare Advantage plans cover everything original Medicare covers and may offer extra benefits. Prescription drug (Part D) coverage is also included with most Medicare Advantage plans, providing the ease and convenience of a single, bundled product. Several Medicare Advantage plans offer coverage above and beyond what Medicare requires in order to provide access to wellness and preventive care needs. Some may even include routine vision, hearing and dental coverage, which is generally not covered by original Medicare. Also, with Medicare Advantage, you will not need Medigap (Supplemental) coverage.
How do I benefit from a Medicare Advantage plan?
- Medicare Advantage plans must, at a minimum, provide the same benefits as original Medicare.
- Many Medicare Advantage plans include additional services and benefits not provided by other Medicare programs, like vision, dental, and even gym memberships.
- Many Medicare Advantage plans, including the ones in which DuPage Medical Group participates, have features to encourage disease prevention and chronic care management, which can help improve quality of care and reduce overall healthcare costs.
Plans for 2017
DuPage Medical Group is contracted with four Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Information on Blue Cross Blue Shield, 1-877-608-2711 (TTY: 711)
- Information on Coventry, 1-877-725-8933
- Information on Humana, 1-800-569-2492 (TTY: 711)
- Information on UnitedHealthcare, 1-800-847-8872 (TTY: 711)
This is not a complete listing of Medicare Advantage plans available in your service area. For a complete listing please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult www.medicare.gov.
DuPage Medical Group physicians and employees cannot answer questions about specific benefits or make plan recommendations. The independent insurance agencies listed below are specifically trained about Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans and work with Medicare patients in our area. They can answer any questions you may have.