We’re going above and beyond to ensure the safety of our patients, providers and employees. Below is an overview of the precautionary safety measures we are taking in our clinics:
Rigorous Screening Process:
- Our rigorous screening process ensures that patients who are experiencing COVID-19-like or respiratory illness symptoms are seen at separate clinic locations from those who have healthcare needs but are not experiencing COVID-19-like or respiratory illness symptoms.
- To ensure effective separation, when you arrive for your appointment, a masked member of our care team will ask you a few questions and take your temperature — regardless of whether you’re feeling ill or well.
We can’t wait to see you smile, but for now, you still need to wear a mask in our facilities. Per Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines, face masks are still required in healthcare settings, even if you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Infection Control Best Practices
- Our providers and employees are well-trained in infection control best practices, including the effective use of personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves and goggles.
- We continue to ensure that all areas within our clinic locations are cleaned regularly with cleaning products that have been approved by the EPA as effective against coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a precautionary measure to keep our patients, visitors and care team members safe, DMG is working to limit the number of people in our waiting rooms at our sites. We are asking that patients do not bring anyone with them to their appointment unless clinically required.
- Pediatric patients can bring one support person, but parents are advised to leave their other children at home with another adult whenever possible.
- Patients having outpatient surgery should limit their visitors to one support person (over the age of 18), however, we strongly encourage them to wait in their vehicle. A member of our care team will call them with updates and/or instruct them on when they can enter the clinic.
- If you are driving a patient to their appointment or watching children during an adult’s appointment, we ask that you wait in your car and do not wait inside the clinic.