6 Places Often Missed When Applying Sunscreen
By DuPage Medical Group Dermatology
Numerous studies show that sunscreen users apply just one-fifth to a one-half the quantity of sunscreen the maker recommends. Below are key tips to applying sunscreen:
- Apply at least 1 oz (the size of a shot glass) for head to toe coverage
- Apply 30 minutes before going outside
- Rub the sunscreen thoroughly into all bare skin
- Reapply every 2 hours no matter the SPF factor
- Reapply immediately after swimming, toweling off or excessive sweating
- Always check the expiration date!
6 Spots Most Missed When Applying Sunscreen
- Tops of feet
- Places near the edges of your clothing and under your suit straps
Take your time when applying sunscreen and stay safe in the sun!
Topics and Subtopics: Skin Health