Foods that Make You Go
Overactive bladder is a condition that causes a frequent urge to urinate. Sometimes this urge can be difficult to stop and can lead to incontinence. Did you know that some foods and high water intake can trigger your symptoms? Do what you can to minimize these triggers by avoiding the foods/beverages listed below.
Foods/Beverages That Make You Go
- Caffeinated coffee and tea
- Spicy foods and hot sauces
- Processed foods
- Citrus fruits and juices (oranges, tomatoes/tomato products, lemons etc.)
- Carbonated beverages
- Cranberries/cranberry juice
- Sugar, honey, or artificial sweeteners
If you continue to have issues with an overactive bladder, talk to your doctor. Although overactive bladder is common among older adults, it isn’t a normal part of aging. Discussing this might not be easy since it is such a private matter, but it’s worth it! There are many different interventions and medications that can help.
Topics and Subtopics: Bladder Health