Healthy Recipes: Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
This low-fat alternative to regular banana bread, will make the perfect breakfast or tasty treat.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Non-stick cooking spray
1 ½ cups very ripe bananas, mashed (about 4 bananas)
2 Tbsp canola oil
¼ cup low fat buttermilk
4 egg whites
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup old-fashioned oats
¼ cup Splenda Sugar Blend
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate (reserve 1 Tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray an 8X4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, oil, buttermilk, and egg whites; mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, Splenda, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients all at once and mix well.
- Stir in all but 1 Tbsp of the chocolate chips to batter. Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle reserved 1 Tbsp chocolate chips on top of batter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
From Healthy Calendar Diabetes Cooking, 2nd Ed
To order this book, please visit http://shopdiabetes.org