A DMG Open Access Screening Call is a Convenient First Step to Scheduling Your Colonoscopy!
Is it time to schedule your routine Colonoscopy? DuPage Medical Group offers Open Access Screening Phone Calls with a nurse, a free and convenient alternative to in office prescreening consultations. By offering prescreening phone calls, we reduce your time in the office, prepare you with all the information you need about pre and post care and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you might have.
- Call the DuPage Medical Group Gastroenterology Department at 630-717-2600. If you meet the criteria below, the scheduler will help you set up a 20 minute, Open Access Screening Call with one of our nurses.
- You are between the ages of 50 - 74 with no GI symptoms
- You have no significant cardiology issues and are not on blood thinners
- You don’t have a pacemaker or a defibrillator
**If you do not meet the criteria above, you are able to schedule a free pre-screening video visit with one of our providers.
- During your call, a nurse will review your health history, explain the procedure and help you to choose a physician, time, and location for your colonoscopy. Your nurse will also review how to prepare for the procedure and answer any questions that you may have.
- After your colonoscopy, if any polyps were found during your colonoscopy, your gastroenterologist or nurse will call you within one week to review biopsy results and discuss follow up. If no polyps were found or notable family history, no follow-up will be necessary. Your gastroenterologist will instruct you on when to schedule your next screening colonoscopy (typically 3, 5, or 10 years depending on your health history)
Following your physician’s advice and having a screening colonoscopy is an important step toward adding decades to your life. Colonoscopies are performed on an outpatient basis at one of our state of the art endoscopy suites or surgery centers featuring the latest technology and personal preparation and recovery bays for comfort and privacy. The procedure takes between one and two hours and allows the gastroenterologist to examine the inside of your large intestine in order to identify and remove any precancerous growths. It is pain-free and you will wake up feeling slightly sleepy and groggy. You will need to have someone drive you home and they will need to stay with you at the facility (endoscopy clinic, surgery center or hospital) while your procedure is taking place.
Scheduling you Open Access Screening Phone Call is a free and convenient first step to scheduling your routine colonoscopy at DuPage Medical Group. To get started, call the DuPage Medical Group Gastroenterology Department at 630-717-2600.