15 Minutes Might Save Your Life
If you're over the age of 50, chances are you've had health screenings to detect heart problems or early stage cancers. But what about screening for peripheral arterial disease (PAD), stroke or abdominal aortic aneurysms? At DuPage Medical Group, patients who qualify may receive a fast and complimentary scan.
- 1 in every 20 Americans over the age of 50 has PAD
- PAD is often asymptomatic
- PAD is a marker for other diseases including cardiovascular disease
- PAD can lead to severe medical illness if not diagnosed early
Find out if you are at risk for peripheral arterial disease (PAD), stroke or abdominal aortic aneurysm. The fact is, PAD affects 1 in every 20 Americans and it often occurs with little or no symptoms. The good news is that PAD is highly treatable when diagnosed early.
As leading advocates for PAD screenings, DuPage Medical Group Vascular and Endovascular Surgery offers free screenings to detect PAD. This simple screening uses non-invasive ultrasound scanning to detect abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), blockages in the carotid arteries and arteries of the lower extremities. Best of all, this screening takes only 15 minutes and is completely painless.
The be eligible, patients must meet the following criteria:
- Age 60 or older
- Age 50 or older with one of more of the following risk factors:
- Family history of cardiovascular disease
- Family history of abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Smoking (or history of tobacco use)
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
If you meet the eligibility criteria, call 630-545-7565 to schedule your free PAD screening at one of our convenient locations.