Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
By Lara Hamilton RDN, CDE
Enjoy a delicious, seasonal bread without worrying about your gluten intake. This gluten free pumpkin bread is perfect for a chilly, fall night.
3 egg whites
1/3 cup skim milk
1 can pure pumpkin puree (15-ounce)
1/3 cup canola oil
1 package bread mix (19 ounce, such as Gluten Free Banana bread Cake Mix from The Really Great Food Company)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (plus 1 Tbsp, divided)
1/4 cup walnuts (plus 1 Tbsp, chopped, divided)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine egg, egg whites, milk, pumpkin puree, and oil. Mix until blended well.
3. Add bread mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg to wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
4. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup walnuts. Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of chocolate chips and walnuts on top of batter.
5. Bake 50 - 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
190 calories, 7g total fat, 10mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 30g total carbohydrate, 2g protein
Topics and Subtopics: Health & Diet