Guilt-Free Game Day: Healthy Appetizer Options
The Super Bowl is right around the corner, which generally means lots of appetizers and snacks that can be loaded with calories. While it’s always fun to indulge, it can be easy to overdo it. Fortunately, there are ways to make this game day ritual easier on your diet. Here are a few half-time snacks that will trim calories and unhealthy fats.
- Don’t forget, to sip smarter, beverages have calories too.
- Try seltzer water with a slice of lemon or ice tea with stevia.
- Replace regular beer with light beer.
- Always remember to “snack before you snack.” Have a healthy snack before you go to a party to avoid overeating. And be sure to stay hydrated with plenty of fluids.
- Use a plate for your snacks. Anytime you nibble on things directly from the bowl, you tend to eat more than if you used a plate.
- Distance yourself from the food and mingle with other guests away from the food table.
- Always get your exercise. Try walking or your normal gym routine for at least 30 minutes before you attend a party.