Healthy Recipes: Mango Salsa Chicken over Rice
This dish is the perfect weeknight meal, the whole family will be sure to enjoy.
(4) 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 mango, finely diced (1 cup)
1/2 cup finely diced red onion
1 green bell pepper
2 cups brown rice, cooked
1) Prepare and indoor or outdoor grill
2) Season chicken breasts with salt (optional) and pepper on both sides. Grill chicken breasts over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side until juices run clear.
3) In a small bowl, whisk olive oil and vinegar. Add remaining ingredients except rice and toss to coat
4) Pour mango salsa over grilled chicken breasts. Serve each chicken breast over 1/2 cup rice.
©2012 American Diabetes Association
From Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking, 2nd Ed
To order this book, please visit http://shopdiabetes.org