Quiz: Are you at High Risk for Prostate Cancer?
High-Risk Health Assessment
According to the American Cancer Society, 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer sometime in their lifetime. While the biggest risk factors of developing prostate cancer are your age and race - other factors can also increase an individual’s risk including personal/family history of prostate and other cancers.
Be proactive about your health by taking the quiz below to help determine if you are considered high-risk for prostate cancer and could benefit from genetic testing and/or further evaluation by a physician.
Please answer yes or no to the questions below.
Personal and Family History
1. Have you been diagnosed with prostate cancer with a Gleason score of 7 or higher?
2. Do you have any family members (parents, siblings, children, aunts/uncles, grandparents, first cousins, nieces or nephews) that have been diagnosed with prostate cancer with a Gleason score of 7 or higher?
3. Have you been diagnosed with breast cancer (Age 50 or younger)?
4. Do you have any family members (as indicated above) who have been diagnosed with breast cancer (age 50 or younger)?
5. Do you have any family members (as indicated above) who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer?
6. Have you been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer?
7. Do you have any family members (as indicated above) who have been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer?
8. Have you or someone in your family had genetic testing for a hereditary cancer syndrome?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above relating to you or your family’s health history – you may be considered high risk and would benefit from further evaluation and/or genetic testing.
Together we can help evaluate options to reduce your risk and choose appropriate actions to take control of your prostate health.