Southwest Turkey Burger
Do you find yourself craving a cheeseburger? Opt for this healthy turkey burger with a kick!
Makes: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 burger
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
½ cup salsa, divided
½ cup frozen corn
1 tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
½ small avocado
6 whole-wheat hamburger buns (1 ½ ounces each)
1. Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, 6 Tbsp salsa, frozen corn, garlic salt, and pepper. Mix well: Divide into six equal portions and form into ½-inch-thick patties
3. Place patties on grill rack; grill 7 minutes on each side or until done. (Or coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and cook patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side, or until juices run clear.
4. In a small bowl, combine avocado and 2 Tbsp salsa and mash with a fork.
5. Place one patty and 1 Tbsp avocado mixture on a whole wheat bun Repeat for remaining five burgers.