DuPage Medical Group Acquires La Grange Women’s ClinicSeptember 21, 2016
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. – DuPage Medical Group, the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the Chicago area, recently welcomed six experienced obstetricians and gynecologists after its acquisition of La Grange Women’s Clinic.
The established physicians who joined DMG are:
• Dr. John Payne, who has practiced for more than 35 years, including the past 20 at La Grange Women’s Clinic. After earning a medical degree at the Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Mexico, he completed his residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at Loyola University Medical Center, Foster McGaw Hospital.
• Dr. Michael Schied, who has practiced since 1982. He is highly skilled in minimally invasive gynecological surgery and is certified in advanced robotic surgery with the daVinci Surgical System. After earning a medical degree from Loyola Stritch School of Medicine, he completed his residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at Rush University Medical Center.
• Dr. Cathy Halperin, who earned a medical degree from Rush Medical School and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke’s Hospital. She has particular interest in minimally invasive surgery, including in-office procedures with the Essure system and robotic surgery.
• Dr. Jody Lin, who earned a medical degree from the University of Illinois Medical School at Chicago and completed his residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, where he was chief resident. In addition to English, he also speaks Mandarin Chinese and a limited amount of Spanish.
• Dr. Evelyn Rodriguez, who earned a medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and completed her residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at Mercy Hospital in Chicago. Fluent in Spanish, she has particular expertise with helping guide adolescents with health transitions and caring for high-risk obstetrical patients.
• Dr. Heidi McLaughlin, who earned a medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago. She completed her residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at TriHealth in Cincinnati, where she won an award for her accomplishments in laparoscopy and robotic surgery.
Through this acquisition, DMG extended its healthcare services farther east, widening the organization’s current geographic footprint.
“La Grange Women’s Clinic’s commitment to providing high quality, compassionate medical care furthers our mission here at DMG,” said DMG Chief Operating Officer Dennis Fine. “We’re excited to have added these physicians to our growing DMG family.”
“We are very excited to have joined this forward thinking company,” said Dr. Cathy Halperin of La Grange Women’s Clinic. “Being part of DMG will allow us to continue to provide quality care to our patients and enable us to deliver it in the most efficient way.”
The physicians will maintain their affiliations with the AMITA Health Adventist Medical Centers in La Grange and Hinsdale and will continue seeing patients at two locations – 5201 S. Willow Springs Road, Suite 490 in La Grange and 550 E. Boughton Road, Suite 190 in Bolingbrook. To schedule an appointment with the physicians in La Grange, call 708-352-4630 or to schedule an appointment in Bolingbrook, please call 630-972-1200. Visit DuPageMedicalGroup.com to learn more about the physicians.
About DuPage Medical Group
With more than 560 physicians and in more than 70 locations, DuPage Medical Group is the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the Chicago area, providing physician-directed health care focused on quality, efficiency and access. For more information, visit www.dupagemedicalgroup.com.