DuPage Medical Group Adds 8 PhysiciansSeptember 12, 2016
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. – DuPage Medical Group, the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the Chicago area, welcomes eight experienced physicians to its medical team.
The physicians are:
• Dr. Surekha Boddipalli specializes in hematology and oncology. After earning her medical degree from SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine in New York, she completed her internal medicine residency at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan, New York, and her fellowship in hematology and oncology at Lankenau Medical Center in Philadelphia.
• Dr. Salman Waheed specializes in hematology and oncology. After earning his medical degree from Rush Medical College in 2010, he completed both his residency in internal medicine and his fellowship in hematology, oncology and cell therapy at Rush University Medical Center.
• Dr. Kathleen Mahan is board certified in internal medicine and pediatrics. She earned her medical degree from Loyola Stritch School of Medicine, where she also completed her residency in combined internal medicine and pediatrics.
• Dr. Karl Szafrankski is board certified in family medicine. After earning his medical degree from St. Louis University School of Medicine in 2013, he completed his family medicine residency at Greenville Health System in Greenville, South Carolina.
• Dr. Joseph Shulan specializes in endocrinology. After earning his medical degree from New York Medical College in 2011, he completed his internal medicine residency at The Ohio State University and a fellowship in endocrinology at the University of Illinois Medical School in Chicago.
• Dr. Tom Smith specializes in general orthopedics, sports medicine and joint replacement with a focus on minimally invasive surgical techniques. He earned his medical degree from Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine before completing a residency in orthopaedic surgery at Michigan State University, where he was selected as chief resident. He went on to complete his fellowship in hip and knee reconstruction at the Mayo Clinic.
• Dr. Angel Garcia is board certified in family medicine. After earning his medical degree at Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, he completed his internship at Richmond University Medical Center in Staten Island, New York, and his residency at Williamsport Family Medicine in Pennsylvania.
• Dr. Hina Chaudhry specializes in rheumatology. She earned her medical degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine Consortium for Health Education and completed her internal medicine residency at Rush University Medical Center.
“These new physicians are an outstanding representation of our mission here at DMG,” said DMG Chief Operating Officer Dennis Fine. “We’re proud to welcome these dedicated doctors as we continue offering the very best in patient-centered care.”
For appointments with DMG physicians, patients can call (630) 469-9200 or visit DuPageMedicalGroup.com.
About DuPage Medical Group
With more than 560 physicians and in more than 70 locations, DuPage Medical Group is the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the Chicago area, providing physician-directed health care focused on quality, efficiency and access. For more information, visit www.dupagemedicalgroup.com.