DuPage Medical Group Adds Nephrology With Latest AcquisitionSeptember 1, 2016
NAPERVILLE, Ill. – DuPage Medical Group, the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the Chicago area, has opened a new nephrology division with its acquisition of Kidney & Hypertension Associates.
In acquiring the practice, three veteran physicians join DMG:
· Dr. Mohamad Barakat is board-certified in nephrology with more than 35 years’ experience. After earning a medical degree from the University of Damascus, he completed his internship and residency at Mercy Hospital in Chicago. He also completed his fellowship at Loyola University of Chicago.
· Dr. Mohamad Abdessamad is board-certified in nephrology and internal medicine. After earning his medical degree from the University of Damascus, he completed a fellowship in nephrology at the University of Vermont and his residency at the John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County.
· Dr. Mohammad Mataria is board-certified in nephrology and earned his medical degree from the University of Mosul. He completed his residency in internal medicine at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Chicago and his fellowship in nephrology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
In addition, Dr. Shivani Shah, will also join this new team in September.
· Dr. Shivani Shah, a board-certified nephrologist, earned her medical degree at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, and completed her residency in internal medicine at Northwestern University. She also completed her fellowship in nephrology at John Hopkins University.
“We are proud to welcome these new physicians who will bring invaluable expertise to DMG’s new nephrology team,” said Dennis Fine, Chief Operating Officer. “As always, our commitment is to our patients, and these physicians in conjunction with our existing services help further our mission to provide patients the very best in healthcare.”
Nephrology services will be offered at the following locations:
· 2320 W. High Street in Blue Island
· 2100 Glenwood Avenue in Joliet
· 100 Spalding Drive, Suite 202 in Naperville
· 17495 South La Grange Road in Tinley Park
For appointments, patients can call (630) 873-8889.
About DuPage Medical Group
With more than 560 physicians and in more than 70 locations, DuPage Medical Group is the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the Chicago area, providing physician-directed health care focused on quality, efficiency and access. For more information, visit www.dupagemedicalgroup.com.