Karina Alexander, DO
I believe that the patient-physician relationship begins with trust and understanding the patient's expectations and goals. I strive to deliver patient-centered care with treatment plans that are individualized to each patient and to deliver care that is compassionate, while attaining the best possible outcome.
- Plastic Surgery
Accepts both children and adults
Aesthetic surgery of the face and body, Body contouring, Breast cancer reconstruction, General reconstruction
I enjoy cooking, reading and traveling.
School Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduation Date 05/2009
School Maimonides Medical Center
Title General Surgery Resident
School University of Illinois at Chicago
Specialty Plastic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Illinois Society of Plastic Surgeons
Name Young Investigator Award - American Association of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- “Reduction of suture associated inflammation after 28 days using novel biocompatible pseudoprotein poly(ester amide) biomaterials”. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2014 Jun 11. doi: 10.1002/jbm.b.33211.
- Wound healing, tissue engineering