Rueben Nair, MD
I strive to provide top quality care to all patients with respect, compassion, and attention to detail. As one of the former team physicians for the Denver Broncos and the Colorado Rockies, in addition to working with the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago Blackhawks, I am passionate about sports medicine and the prevention or management of sports-related injuries. I treat every patient as though they were a professional athlete, with a goal of optimal recovery. My approach is to educate and involve the patient in their clinical process, focusing on patient-directed care.
- General Orthopaedics
- Sports Medicine
Accepts both children and adults
I utilize evidence-based medicine and my Steadman Hawkins Clinic Denver Sports Medicine fellowship training to treat injuries with state of the art techniques. My surgical and medical interests include arthroscopy of the shoulder, hip, knee and elbow, ACL reconstruction, cartilage restoration, meniscus repairs, platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections, rotator cuff repairs, shoulder stabilization, total hip/knee arthroplasty, Tommy John elbow surgery and hip arthroscopy with labral repair/reconstruction.
Soccer, volleyball, skiing, being active, Michigan State University sports
School Ohio State University College of Medicine
Graduation Date 06/2011
Degree Medical Doctor
Honors Alpha Omega Alpha, Cum Laude graduate
School Northwestern University
School Northwestern University
Title Orthopaedic Surgery Chief Resident
School Steadman Hawkins Clinic Denver
- ACL Reconstructive Surgery
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Reconstruction
- Arthroscopy of the Elbow
- Cartilage Restoration
- Complex Knee Ligament Reconstruction
- Hip Arthroscopy with Labral Repair/Reconstruction
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Labral Repair
- Meniscus and Cartilage Repair
- Meniscus Repair
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Stabilization Surgery
- Surgical Treatment of Sports Related Injuries
- Tendon Repair & Reconstruction
- Total Hip/Knee Arthroplasty
- Trauma Related Injuries
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Health Volunteer Overseas
- United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) - Covering physician for events
Name Northwestern University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Chief Resident
Name John B Roberts, MD Award in Orthopaedics
Name Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
Name Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Rosenthal BD, Nair R, Hsu WK, Patel AA, Savage JW. “A Review of Dysphagia and Dysphonia Assessment Tools after Anterior Cervical Spine Surgery.” Clinical Spine Surgery.
- Kahlenberg, CA, Nair R, Monroe E, Terry MA, Edwards SL. “Incidence of Injury Based on Sports Participation in High School Athletes.” The Physician and Sportsmedicine. (Jan 1, 2000)
- Cogan CJ, Knesek M, Tjong VK, Nair R, Kahlenberg CA, Dunne KF, Kendall MC, Terry MA. “Assessment of Perioperative Intra-Articular Morphine Injection in Hip Arthroscopy on Postoperative Pain Management.” Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. (Jan 1, 2000)
- Nair R, Mendoza M, Hsu WK. “Cervical Spine: Anterior Approach, Discectomy, Corpectomy.” In RG Fessler and LN Sekhar (Eds): Atlas of Neurosurgical Techniques: Spine and Peripheral Nerves, 2nd Edition. New York, NY: Thieme Publishers. Pp 186-192. (Jan 1, 2000)
- Nair R, Kahlenberg CA, Patel RM, Knesek M, Terry MA. “All-arthroscopic Suprapectoral Biceps Tenodesis.” Arthroscopy Techniques. (Jan 1, 2000)
- Nair R, Kahlenberg CA, Hsu WK. “Outcomes After Lumbar Discectomy in Elite Athletes: The Need for High-Level Evidence.” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. (Jan 1, 2000)
- Gomberawalla MM, Kahlenberg CA, Nair R, Saltzman MD, Terry MA. “All-arthroscopic Suprapectoral Versus Open Subpectoral Tenodesis of the Long Head of the Biceps Brachii.” American Journal of Sports Medicine. (Jan 1, 2000)
- Kahlenberg CA, Patel RM, Nair R, Harnden G, Deshmane PP, Terry MA. “Clinical and Biomechanical Evaluation of an All-arthroscopic Suprapectoral Biceps Tenodesis.” Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine.
- DMG Surgeon Performs Innovative Endoscopic Hip Procedure (Jan 31, 2018)
Patient Satisfaction Rating
The Patient Satisfaction Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our independent rating system, the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey.
Comments are collected in our Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Surveys. Patients are de-identified to protect confidentiality and patient privacy. Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey.