Steven Mather, MD
My approach is simple: I place myself in the position of the patient and we work together so I can fully understand their goals and concerns and provide sound advice for an attainable outcome. I take pride in my work in the office as well as the operating room, working to deliver the outcomes that allow patients to restore functionality in their daily lives. Leadership, education and the patient experience are important in all aspects of my practice. I leverage my expertise and extensive knowledge in order to improve upon the technology we implement in the operating room. Remaining at the forefront of leading edge technology and patient care are essential so that our patients are offered the best options available.
- The Spine Center
- Spine Surgery
- Years in Practice: 29
Microsurgery, Cervical, thoracic, lumbar surgery; minimally invasive surgery, revision surgery (failed back syndrome)
Exercise, photography, astronomy, theoretical physics, theology, music, and spending time with my family.
School University of Illinois
Graduation Date 05/1985
School Marcopa County Hospital
Title Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery
School Case Western Reserve University
- Condition: Degenerative Disc Disease
- Condition: Facet Joint Syndrome
- Condition: Herniated Disc
- Condition: Lumbar Radiculopathy (Sciatica)
- Condition: Spinal Infection
- Procedure: Anterior Cervical Corpectomy
- Procedure: Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Procedure: Laminectomy (Cervical, Lumbar and Thoracic)
- Procedure: Lateral Interbody Fusion Microdiskectomy (XLIF)
- Procedure: Lumbar Corpectomy
- Procedure: Lumbar Disc Microsurgery
- Procedure: Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Procedure: Minimally Invasive TLIF
- Procedure: Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Procedure: Spinal Fusion (Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Illinois State Medical Society
- DuPage County Medical Society
Patient Satisfaction Rating
The Patient Satisfaction Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our independent rating system, the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey.
Comments are collected in our Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Surveys. Patients are de-identified to protect confidentiality and patient privacy. Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey.