Vanessa C. Lichon, MD
I believe in patient focused, individualized care that involves educating patients on their diagnoses, developing an individual treatment plan and fostering patient satisfaction. I encourage patients to ask questions and understand the management of their skin cancers or other skin conditions.
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Reconstruction
Mohs micrographic surgery and reconstruction, skin cancer evaluation and management, skin cancer screening, cutaneous evaluation for organ transplant recipients, melanoma, atypical nevi and scar revision.
I grew up in Naperville and attended Benet Academy. I enjoy traveling, the Chicago Cubs, Notre Dame football, sports, photography, and spending time with family and friends.
School University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduation Date 06/2007
School University of Notre Dame
Graduation Date 05/2003
Degree Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology
Honors Summa Cum Laude
School Loyola University Medical School
Title Chief Resident - Dermatology
School University of Vermont
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Chicago Dermatological Society
- International Transplant Skin Cancer Collaborative
Name Theodore Tromovitch Award, American College of Mohs Surgery
- An Elongated Leading Edge Facilitates Rotation Flap Closure: In Vivo Demonstration (Jan 1, 2016)
- Treatment of Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer (Dec 1, 2013)
- Surgical Treatment of Large Skin Cancers (Oct 1, 2013)
- Subungual Squamous Cell Carcinoma (Feb 1, 2013)
- Cutaneous Rhodotorula Treated with Photodynamic Therapy (Jul 1, 2012)
- Clear Cell Acanthoma (Oct 1, 2011)
- A Child with Multiple Erythematous, Crusted Papules on Trunk and Extremities (Jan 1, 2010)
- Plantar warts: a focus on treatment modalities (Aug 1, 2007)
- Left-sided eruption on a child: case study (Jun 1, 2007)
- Lichen simplex chronicus (Jun 1, 2007)
- Xeroderma pigmentosum: beyond skin cancer (Mar 1, 2007)
- Fibroepithelioma of Pinkus (Jan 1, 2007)
- A teenager with scaly papules on the trunk and extremities (Oct 31, 2006)
- Mycetoma: a review (Jul 1, 2006)
- Basal cell carcinoma in a patient with xeroderma pigmentosum (Jul 1, 2006)
Patient Satisfaction Rating
The Patient Satisfaction Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our independent rating system, the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey.
Comments are collected in our Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Surveys. Patients are de-identified to protect confidentiality and patient privacy. Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey.