Vikas Desai, MD
My practice is based on patient-centered medicine. I strive to understand and incorporate each patient's unique beliefs, values and health goals, while providing them with all the information they need to feel comfortable with their treatment plan. This allows me to provide my patients with individualized care that will help them to achieve the best possible clinical outcome and improve their quality of life.
- Integrated Oncology Program
- Robotic Surgery Program
Accepts both children and adults
- Conversational Gujarati and Spanish
Men's health conditions including benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), erectile dysfunction (ED), Peyronie's disease, Stone disease, Urethral stricture disease, Urinary incontinence, Urologic Oncology
I enjoy spending time with my family, participating in community service activities, sports, running marathons, photography and traveling.
School University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduation Date 05/2010
Degree Medical Degree
School University of Illinois
School University of Nebraska Medical Center
Title Chief Resident, Urology
- Chicago Urologic Society
- Indian American Urological Association
- American Urologic Association
- American Medical Association
Name Safety, Quality and Service Award - Advocate South Suburban Hospital
Name Revised Antimicrobial Guidelines for Surgical Prophylaxis - Ingalls Hospital
Name Genitourinary Tumor Board - Advocate South Suburban Hospital
Name Advocate Patient Health Organization Board of Directors - Advocate South Suburban Hospital
Name Surgery Advisory Committee- Advocate South Suburban Hospital
Name Surgery Executive and Clinical Review Committee - Ingalls Hospital
Name Cancer Survivorship Speaker - Cancer Support Center
Name Men's Health Speaker - Advocate South Suburban Hospital
- V. Desai, S. Isharwal, A. Pooli, S. Lele, M. Feloney. "Chronic lymphocytic leukemia of the bladder: an atypical etiology of gross hematuria." Therapeutic Advances in Urology, 6(5) 198-200. (Jan 1, 2014)
- S. Shikanov, P. Marchetti, V. Desai, A. Razmaria, T. Antic, H. Al-Ahmadi, G. Zagaja, S. Eggener, C. Brendler, A. Shalhav. “Short (< 1 mm) positive surgical margin and risk of biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy.” BJU International, 111: 559-563. (Jan 1, 2013)
- S. Shikanov, V. Desai, A. Razmaria, G. Zagaja, A. Shalhav. “Robotic radical prostatectomy for elderly patients: probability of achieving continence and potency 1 year after surgery.” Journal of Urology, 183(5) 1803-1808. (Jan 1, 2010)
Patient Satisfaction Rating
The Patient Satisfaction Rating score is an average of all responses to care provider related questions on our independent rating system, the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey.
Comments are collected in our Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Surveys. Patients are de-identified to protect confidentiality and patient privacy. Learn more about our patient satisfaction survey.