da Vinci Robotic Surgery uses state-of-the-art technology to help your surgeon perform a more precise operation than conventional instrumentation allows.
Indication:Indicated in the correction of pelvic organ prolapse (a.k.a. vaginal prolapse) which involves the descent or herniation of one or more of the pelvic organs (bladder, uterus, top of the vagina, intestines or rectum) through the vaginal opening.
To anchor the top of the vagina to the sacrum, recreating the natural anatomic support for the vagina and reducing the prolapse through the vagina.
Advantages over a conventional open surgery:
- Less pain
- Less blood loss
- Shorter hospital stay
- Shorter recovery time
- More aesthetically pleasing scars
- Fakouri, Bejan, MDIntegrated Oncology Program, UrologyNaperville, Tinley Park, Westmont
- Jirschele, Cameron, DOUrology, Integrated Oncology ProgramHinsdale, Lisle, Lombard, Tinley Park
- Lisek, Ernst, M.D.Integrated Oncology Program, UrologyBloomingdale, Naperville, Lisle, Winfield
- Lyon, Paul, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramNaperville, Plainfield
- Merrick, Paul, M.D.Urology, Integrated Oncology ProgramLisle, Naperville, Tinley Park, Winfield
- Milhouse, Fenwa, MDUrology, Robotic Surgery ProgramBlue Island, Hinsdale, Lombard, Tinley Park
- Miocinovic, Ranko, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramLisle, Naperville, Tinley Park
- Patel, Amit, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramBlue Island, Hinsdale, Lisle, Lombard
- Seo, Robert, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology ProgramNaperville, Westmont
- Smith, Craig, MD, FAAP, FACSUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramLombard, Naperville, Plainfield, Winfield
- Ung, Jean, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology ProgramLisle, Naperville, Plainfield