BOTOX® Cosmetic improves the look of fine lines and superficial wrinkles caused from everyday facial exercises such as smiling, frowning, and squinting.
BOTOX® works by inhibiting the movement of facial muscles that cause wrinkling in the forehead, between the eyebrows and around the eyes (crow's feet). The effect is not immediate, but will begin to be noticeable between a few days to 2 weeks after being injected.
If the injected area has excessively deep lines, an additional treatment with a dermal filler may be recommended.
- Berggren, Kelle, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG AestheticsWheaton
- Charles, Alix, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG AestheticsHinsdale, Lombard
- Conrad, Ted (Edward), MD, FAADDermatology, DMG AestheticsWheaton
- Danahey, Daniel, MD, PhDFacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Otolaryngology (ENT), DMG Aesthetics, Plastic SurgeryGlen Ellyn
- Desai, Shraddha, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG AestheticsNaperville
- Herrmann, James, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG AestheticsWheaton