This treatment is used most commonly to selectively target cancerous and pre-cancerous tissue of the skin. A solution is first applied to the skin to make abnormal tissue more sensitive to light. After this solution is left on the skin for 1-2 hours, the treated skin is exposed to a visible light, such as blue or laser light. The light activates the solution and selectively destroys the pre-cancerous tissue. As the skin heals, new healthy skin appears. This treatment modality has also been found to be effective for treating acne vulgaris in some patients.
- Berggren, Kelle, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG Aesthetics, Vein ClinicWheaton
- Charles, Alix, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG Aesthetics, Vein ClinicNaperville, Hinsdale, Lombard
- Conrad, Ted (Edward), MD, FAADDermatology, DMG AestheticsWheaton
- Desai, Shraddha, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG AestheticsNaperville
- Herrmann, James, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG Aesthetics, Vein ClinicWheaton
- Lichon, Nancy, MDDermatologyLombard
- Loesch, Mathew, DO, PhDDermatologyLombard