Sacral Neuromodulation, also known as InterStimÒ, is an FDA-approved therapy for the treatment of overactive bladder, urinary retention or fecal incontinence.
A small device that is implanted surgically beneath the skin gently stimulates the nerves that control bladder and bowel function, similar to a pacemaker. The procedure involves an initial trial with a temporary device to see if the therapy is successful in you. If the trial is successful, the real device is then implanted under the skin in the upper buttocks. The procedure is accomplished under sedation as an outpatient procedure.
- Fakouri, Bejan, MDIntegrated Oncology Program, UrologyNaperville, Tinley Park, Westmont
- Jirschele, Cameron, DOUrology, Integrated Oncology ProgramHinsdale, Lisle, Lombard, Tinley Park
- Lisek, Ernst, M.D.Integrated Oncology Program, UrologyBloomingdale, Naperville, Lisle, Winfield
- Lyon, Paul, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramNaperville, Plainfield
- Merrick, Paul, M.D.Urology, Integrated Oncology ProgramLisle, Naperville, Tinley Park, Winfield
- Milhouse, Fenwa, MDUrology, Robotic Surgery ProgramBlue Island, Hinsdale, Lombard, Tinley Park
- Miocinovic, Ranko, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramLisle, Naperville, Tinley Park
- Patel, Amit, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramBlue Island, Hinsdale, Lisle, Lombard
- Seo, Robert, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology ProgramNaperville, Westmont
- Smith, Craig, MD, FAAP, FACSUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramLombard, Naperville, Plainfield, Winfield
- Ung, Jean, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology ProgramLisle, Naperville, Plainfield