Urgent® PC or also called Posterior Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS) is anoffice-based, FDA-approved therapy in the treatment of overactive bladder. It involves neurostimulation of a nerve located in the ankle. Gentle stimulation delivered through a tiny acupuncture-like needle travels to the nerves that control your bladder; decreasing the symptoms of frequency, urgency and incontinence.
UrgentÒ PC starts with an initial 12-week trial period consisting of once-weekly office visits for 30-minute sessions. You should notice an improvement by the end of the 12-week trial. If it works for you, you will need a 30-minute treatment approximately once per month to maintain the results.
For more information, please consult with your physician.
- Fakouri, Bejan, MDIntegrated Oncology Program, UrologyNaperville, Tinley Park, Westmont
- Jirschele, Cameron, DOUrology, Integrated Oncology ProgramHinsdale, Lisle, Lombard, Tinley Park
- Lisek, Ernst, M.D.Integrated Oncology Program, UrologyBloomingdale, Naperville, Lisle, Winfield
- Lyon, Paul, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramNaperville, Plainfield
- Merrick, Paul, M.D.Urology, Integrated Oncology ProgramLisle, Naperville, Tinley Park, Winfield
- Milhouse, Fenwa, MDUrology, Robotic Surgery ProgramBlue Island, Hinsdale, Lombard, Tinley Park
- Miocinovic, Ranko, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramLisle, Naperville, Tinley Park
- Patel, Amit, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramBlue Island, Hinsdale, Lisle, Lombard
- Seo, Robert, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology ProgramNaperville, Westmont
- Smith, Craig, MD, FAAP, FACSUrology, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery ProgramLombard, Naperville, Plainfield, Winfield
- Ung, Jean, MDUrology, Integrated Oncology ProgramLisle, Naperville, Plainfield