This flu season it is more important than ever to think about protecting your family against influenza. Just like last year, we recommend that everyone in your family, 6 months of age and older, including pregnant women, get the flu vaccine.
Flu Shots are available at all DMG primary care locations throughout Chicagoland. With convenient hours available seven-days-a-week, you and your family can receive a flu shot at a time and location that is convenient for you.
Effective Saturday, December 12, walk-in flu shot clinics will be closed. Please contact your primary care provider to schedule a flu shot appointment.
What to expect when receiving a flu shot and safety guidance:
- A mask or face covering (such as a scarf or bandana) is required during your entire visit.
- When you arrive at our clinics, a masked member of our care team will ask you a few questions and take your temperature — regardless of whether you’re feeling ill or well.
- If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as fever, coughor shortness of breath, please defer your flu shot until you are feeling well.
- Please follow the social distancing guidelines provided in each clinic.
- Wearing a sleeveless or short-sleeved top is helpful for efficient, quick shot administration.
*If you have received your vaccine at your work place or from another provider, please send a MyDMGHealth message with the date and location of your vaccine. Or, call your physician’s office with this information if you’re not a MyDMGHealth user so it can added to your electronic medical record. It is important that your physician has this information on file.