Research has shown that certain health and family history factors increase your risk of developing breast cancer. If you are at high risk for breast cancer, taking advantage of certain medical options may detect cancer at an earlier stage – or decrease your risk for development of breast cancer. The team at DuPage Medical Group’s High Risk Breast Clinic provides comprehensive breast cancer screening, genetic risk evaluation and counseling for you if you are at increased risk of breast cancer. Together we can help you to be proactive in your breast health.
At your first appointment, you will complete a detailed questionnaire about your personal and family health history and receive a physical exam. The team will work with you to suggest a comprehensive care plan that is right for you.
Your initial visit will last approximately one hour and include:
- A clinical breast exam
- Review of your medical and family history
- Your risk and risk reducing strategies available
- Information about additional programs provided by DMG
- Douglas, Daniel, MD, FACSSurgery, Integrated Oncology Program, High Risk Breast ClinicHinsdale, Lisle
- Hiser, Christy, MDSurgery, Integrated Oncology Program, High Risk Breast ClinicJoliet
- Signorino, Paul, MD, FACSSurgery, Integrated Oncology Program, Robotic Surgery Program, High Risk Breast ClinicItasca, Lisle, Lombard
DuPage Medical Group High Risk Breast ClinicWhat Every Woman Should Know About Family History
DuPage Medical Group High Risk Breast ClinicAre Your Genes Putting You at Risk for Breast Cancer?
DuPage Medical GroupHigh Risk Breast Clinic: A Patient’s Experience
DuPage Medical GroupQuiz: Are you at High Risk for Breast Cancer?
DMG Integrated Oncology ProgramOncologic Genetic Counseling
DuPage Medical GroupDouble Mastectomy….Is It For Me?