As flu season approaches it is more important than ever to start thinking about protecting your family against influenza. Just like last year, we recommend that everyone in your family, 6 months of age and older, including pregnant women, get the flu vaccine.
Walk-in flu shot clinics are available at several DMG locations throughout Chicagoland. With walk-in hours available seven-days-a-week, you and your family can receive a flu shot at a time and location that is convenient for you.
Beginning September 19, clinics are available Monday - Friday, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM and Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM in Bloomingdale, Glen Ellyn, Hinsdale, Joliet, Lisle, Naperville and Tinley Park.
Patients can also ask their primary care provider for a flu shot during a regularly scheduled office visit.
What to expect at our walk-in flu shot clinics and safety guidance:
- A mask or face covering (such as a scarf or bandana) is required during your entire visit.
- When you arrive at our clinics, a masked member of our care team will ask you a few questions and take your temperature — regardless of whether you’re feeling ill or well.
- If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, please defer your flu shot until you are feeling well.
- Follow the directional signage at each location to the flu clinic check-in and waiting area.
- Please follow the social distancing guidelines provided in each clinic.
- Wearing a sleeveless or short-sleeved top is helpful for efficient, quick shot administration.
*If you have received your vaccine at your work place or from another provider, please send a MyDMGHealth message with the date and location of your vaccine. Or, call your physician's office with this information if you're not a MyDMGHealth user so it can added to your electronic medical record. It is important that your physician has this information on file.