When you're under the weather, just need a refill or can't get out of the house, sometimes you wish your doctor could come to you. Adult and pediatric video visits offer the next best thing—they enable you to consult with a board-certified physician face-to-face using your mobile device. Virtual healthcare is avaialble for new and established patients with primary care and specialty providers.
Next Available Primary Care
Consult with a primary care provider at a time that works best for you, addressing many common illnesses.
How video visits work:
- Schedule a video visit appointment through your MyChart account or through the DuPage Medical Group website.
- When it's time for your visit to begin, log in to the MyChart app in your browser or on your mobile device. We recommend downloading the MyChart app on your mobile phone or tablet from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) for the best video visit experience.
- Click on the appointments icon in your account and select "Begin Video" up to 10 minutes before your appointment to test your device's connection.
- When your doctor appears in the top half of your screen, your video visit appointment will begin!
If you have any questions about scheduling or connecting to your video visit, you can contact the MyChart HelpDesk at 1-855-269-2427.
Download the MyChart app:
- What conditions can be addressed during a video visit?
Physicians care for the following non-urgent conditions during a video visit:
- Back Pain
- Birth Control/Family Planning
- Cold/Respiratory Symptoms
- Minor Injuries
- Red Eye
- Seasonal Allergies
- Smoking Cessation
- STD Questions
- Travel Medicine
- Urinary Symptoms
- Vaginal Discharge
Some conditions may require in-clinic follow-up after a video visit.
- Can I use a video visit if I think I may have COVID-19?
Yes, a video visit is a great first step to understanding your symptoms. The physician will evaluate your symptoms and refer you for the appropriate testing per the current Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) guidelines.
- Can I schedule a video visit if I am a new patient?
Yes, patients new to DuPage Medical Group can schedule video visits with our primary care physicians. After scheduling your video visit online, you will receive an e-mail with an activation code to set up a MyChart account. Please note, you must activate this MyChart account prior to beginning your video visit.
- Do I need to meet with a DMG provider before I can schedule a video visit?
No, you do not need to have an established relationship with a DMG provider prior to a video visit.
- How much do video visits cost and how will I be billed?
Video visits are submitted to your insurance provider for payment. For your plan's coverage and costs, please contact your insurance provider to discuss your benefits.
- What are the technical requirements for a video visit?
For the best experience, we recommend using the MyChart app on your mobile or tablet device for video visits. You will need to give the app access to your device's microphone and camera to complete your visit.
- Are video visits secure?
Yes, MyChart is a secure environment and physicians performing video visits in private locations for your security.