Deciding whether to participate in a clinical trial is an important and very personal decision. That is why your providers at DuPage Medical Group take many factors into consideration before recommending participation in cutting-edge medical research to our patients. Our goal is to ensure the best medical care is provided to our patients, while maintaining an active role in the development of new treatments and medications.
DuPage Medical Group has partnered with PMG Research of DuPage Medical Group to offer our patients and our community the opportunity to participate in clinical research. Within this partnership, we have committed to:
- Ensuring that our patients have access to to cutting-edge medical research and receive the very best care.
- Contributing to the development of new medicines, medical devices and vaccines that one day may positively impact the health of millions.
- Educating people about clinical research, connecting them with clinical research study opportunities and monitoring the health and safety of each patient.
Clincal trials are research studies designed to answer specific questions about investigational medications that may benefit future patients and current research participants. The trials are designed to assess both the safety and effectiveness of a product and are carefully conducted under rigorous U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines.
If you have ever taken prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, your life has been touched by clinical research and its amazing clinical trial participants. Through the important clinical research process, medicines, medical devices, and vaccines are developed for those who need them most.
PMG Research of DuPage Medical Group is one of 14 clinical research facilities in the PMG Research network. PMG Research has locations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Illinois, Iowa and Tennessee. PMG Research is partnered with DuPage Medical Group to help fulfill its mission to bring clinical research to as many lives as possible.
When you participate in a clinical trial at PMG Research, you will be welcomed by our professional and caring staff who will guide you through the process and help you feel comfortable and appreciated as a research trial participant. You will visit the investigator (doctor) or other members of the study team for health assessments, physical exams, laboratory tests, or other procedures required by the study protocol. It is important to us that you feel confident about being a clinical trial participant. Please feel free to contact PMG Research to speak to a member of their team about clinical trial participation.
- What is the purpose of the trial?
- How can I involve my physician in the care I receive?
- Is the new study drug FDA-approved for any other conditions?
- Why do some studies use a placebo (an inactive product that looks like the study drug)?
- Can I take my regular medications while I'm involved in a study?
- Will the study cost me anything?
- What happens if I have a problem while I'm enrolled in a study?
- What if I decide that the study is no longer in my best interest?
- How can I get my family and friends involved in a study?
Peri Todd, Director of Clinical Research