There are many things you will need to do to prepare for surgery at the Surgical Center of DuPage Medical Group. We are providing this “surgery preparation” checklist as a helpful reminder. We want to help in any way that we can.
A registered nurse will be calling you approximately 5-7 days before your surgery to discuss your medical history and answer any questions. This medical history will be reviewed by the anesthesiologist in preparation for your surgery.
A day before your surgery, you will be receiving a call from the surgical center staff providing you the time to be at the center and review any further pre surgical instructions.
Remember, you must have someone accompany you to and from the surgical center. We want you to be comfortable, so please wear relaxed fitting pants, a loose button down shirt and slip on shoes.
- Verify your insurance and benefits
- Attempt to pre-certify your surgery, if necessary
- Send you notification if there are any problems with your insurance
- Let you know of any payment you may owe on your day of surgery
- Contact you five to seven days before your surgery to discuss your past medical history and answer any questions you may have
- Contact you the day before your surgery with the time that you should be at the location of your procedure
- Make sure to complete all pre-op testing (lab, X-ray, EKG) that your doctor may have ordered
- Make a list of all medications you are currently taking, including dose and frequency
- Contact your insurance company if you have any questions regarding your benefits
- Notify us of any changes that have been made to your insurance since scheduling your surgery
On the day of your surgery, a receptionist will go over various forms that need to be completed and will collect any co-payments. Please remember to bring a valid photo ID, your current insurance card and eyeglasses. Please remember not to wear any jewelry or contact lenses. Also, you must bring in list of medications, with prescribed dose and frequency.
A registered nurse will then escort you to the preoperative area where you will be given a locker to put away your belongings. At this time you will meet with the anesthesia provider who’ll answer any questions you may have. Your surgeon will also be available to review your consent form. Once all your questions have been answered, you will be taken to surgery.
A staff member from the center will be calling you 24 hours following the surgery to discuss your progress and to answer any questions that you may have.
After your surgery, you will likely receive separate statements from DuPage Medical Group, the Surgical Center of DuPage Medical Group and the Anesthesia Department of the Surgical Center of DuPage Medical Group. For more information on our financial policy, click here.