Electrodessication and curettage involves rubbing the tumor with a sharp metal loop then destroying the affected tissue with an electrocautery device. Many times the diseased tissue can be differentiated from the normal tissue by the texture felt while scraping. This process is repeated several times to ensure complete removal of the tumor. This procedure is useful for small tumors less than 6 mm because it tends to leave only a small scar.
- Berggren, Kelle, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG Aesthetics, Vein ClinicWheaton
- Charles, Alix, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG Aesthetics, Vein ClinicNaperville, Hinsdale, Lombard
- Conrad, Ted (Edward), MD, FAADDermatology, DMG AestheticsWheaton
- Desai, Shraddha, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG AestheticsNaperville
- Herrmann, James, MD, FAADDermatology, DMG Aesthetics, Vein ClinicWheaton
- Lichon, Nancy, MDDermatologyLombard
- Loesch, Mathew, DO, PhDDermatologyLombard