Atrial Fibrillation (A-FIB) is one of the most common types of abnormal heart rhythms and may produce a variety of symptoms including shortness of breath, fatigue, and chest pain. The WATCHMAN™ procedure provides patients with an alternative treatment option to long-term anticoagulation medication, or blood thinners, for A-FIB through a one-time, minimally invasive procedure. During the hour-long procedure, a cardiologist will implant the WATCHMAN™ device via a catheter based delivery system in the left atrial appendage (LAA). The WATCHMAN™ closes the LAA to keep blood clots from forming in this area. Most patients return home the next day following the procedure.
For more information on our physicians or to schedule an appointment with the WATCHMAN™ team, please call 630-967-2255.
- Abdul-Karim, Ahmad, MD, FHRSCardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiology, Structural HeartJoliet
- Elgar, Robert, DOCardiology, Structural HeartJoliet, Morris
- Greenstein, Eugene, MDCardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiology, Structural HeartDowners Grove, Naperville
- Kalathiveetil, Sujith, MD, FACCCardiology, Structural HeartNaperville, Downers Grove, Winfield
- Lertsburapa, Kirk, MDCardiology, Structural HeartJoliet, Morris
- Luft, Ulrich, MDCardiology, Structural HeartNaperville
- Ramadurai, Govind, MDCardiology, Structural HeartJoliet
- Shroff, Sunil, MDCardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiology, Structural HeartJoliet, Morris, New Lenox