Designed to be as simple and convenient as an in-clinic appointment, video visits help you connect with your providers from the comfort of your home, office, or car; anywhere with a data or Wi-Fi connection. Here is a guide to completing successful video visits.
If you have additional questions on accessing your MyDMG Health account or completing a video visit, our MyDMG Health Help Desk is available Monday — Friday, 8am — 5pm at 1−855−269−2427.
What you need
MyDMG Health Patient Accounts
To complete a video visit, you must have an active MyDMG Health account. If you are new to DuPage Medical Group or have not previously activated your MyDMG Health account, request an activation code online here or by calling the MyDMG Health Help Desk at 1−855−269−2427.
How to schedule, prepare for and launch a video visit:
For the best user experience, we strongly recommend using a mobile or tablet device to conduct your video visit. In this tutorial, we demonstrate how to schedule all the way through launching a video visit using the MyDMG Health app on a mobile device.
Getting the most from your video visit
While you can address many common illnesses, prescription refills or even complete an annual physical as you would during an in-clinic appointment, video visits are slightly different than in-clinic appointments. You will not speak to a nurse or medical assistant before seeing your doctor as you would in-clinic. To get the most out of your face-to-face time with your provider, we recommend writing down a prioritized list of questions or concerns that you’d like to discuss. Here are a few thoughts to jot down:
Annual Physicals or Refills
- Any changes in your health over the last year
- Your diet and exercise habits
- Family history
- Medications (prescription or over the counter)
Illnesses or New Problems
- Your temperature just before your visit
- Symptoms you’re experiencing
- How long you’ve had each symptom
- Medications (prescription and over the counter)
While a majority of the time video visits are completed without a hitch, occasionally some issues do pop up. Here are some of the most common issues and tips on troubleshooting.
Accessing MyDMG Health
- To complete a video visit you must have a MyDMG Health account. Without an account you will not be able to complete your video visit. Allow for plenty of time before your scheduled visit to set up your account and request an activation code online here or by calling the MyDMG Health Help Desk at 1−855−269−2427.
- If you cannot remember your MyDMG Health account username or password, click Forgot Username or Forgot Password on the MyDMG Health homepage to receive an email with your username or reset your password.
MyDMG Health Mobile App
- Download and log in to the MyDMG Health mobile app on your mobile or tablet device prior to your video visit. You can download the most recent version of the MyDMG Health app here:
- To minimize issues, be sure your MyDMG Health app is up to date. Visit the App Store or Google Play Store to download the latest version of the app.
Using a Web Browser
- It is strongly recommended that you use the MyDMG Health app on a smartphone or tablet to complete your video visit. These devices are equipped with cameras and microphones that allow for a seamless video visit and do not require additional software, other than the MyDMG Health mobile app.
- Using a web browser on a mobile device is not supported for video visits as you will not be able to download the appropriate plug-in to your mobile device to run the video visit.
- If you elect to use your desktop computer and a browser to complete your visit, you must download and install the Vidyo plug-in prior to your appointment. You will receive a prompt to download the Vidyo plug-in.
- Ensure that your desktop or laptop computer are equipped with a working microphone, speaker and camera for use during the visit.
Starting the Visit
- Prior to your visit, you must complete the full eCheck-in process, answering and confirming each question. The Begin Visit button will not be available until this process is complete.
- If you have completed the eCheck-in process and the button is still not available, please close the app and log in again.
- You can connect to the visit 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time. If you begin the visit sooner, you will receive an error and can connect again within 10 minutes of the visit time.
- E‑Visits are a separate service offering from video visits. Do not click on Begin E‑Visit at the time of your appointment.
Audio & Video Quality
- Make sure the volume is turned up on your device and not set to vibrate on a mobile device.
- Using headphones with a microphone can help improve the sound quality.
- Make sure all other applications on your device are closed and not using your network’s bandwidth. Avoid streaming media (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) on your Wi-Fi or data network at the same time as your video visit.